Moorbrook Lodge Bed & Breakfast is perfectly situated for rest and relaxation set amid 20 acres of unspoilt countryside overlooking our trout lakes. The panoramic view is breathtaking, from Downhill Castle to the Causeway Coast and over the sea to Scotland. Downhill forest is only 1 mile away and Downhill beach 2 miles away. Rooms available are, 'Lakeside Room' ( Double room en-suite ), 'The Turret' ( Double Room ) or 'The Nook' ( Twin Room ).
There are so many things to do around the area of Castlerock you can easily pass a few days.
- Benone and Downhill beach are only 3 miles away and are world famous for the excellent bass fishing. In fact in Nov 2005 a 16lb 4oz bass was landed here which can be seen mounted at Moorbrook.
- Castlerock beach and River Bann Estuary only 2 miles away – another good area to fish for bass, sea trout, fluke etc.
- Carnroe is world famous for salmon fishing and only 20 mins away, Moorbrook can organise guided days on this stretch
- Mussenden Temple and Downhill forest for fantastic scenic walks – 2 miles away.
- Hilltop riding centre and Castlerock Golf Club are also close by.
- Wine Bar in nearby Portrush.
- The Legendary Giants Causeway, a world heritage site, is a short drive away.
- The Lough Foyle ferry at Magilligan makes Donegal 10 mins away.
Guides can be arranged for fishing trips for salmon and sea trout or River Roe and River Bush. The tributaries of Lough Neagh contain the unique Dollaghan trout which are found nowhere else in the world but here and are recognised by their deep bodies and large dark spots.
Advance Booking Recommended.