Bring your tent or caravan to Moorbrook Lodge! Why not try our 'Camping Cabin'? No need for a tent just bring your sleeping bag and stay in our cabin sleeping on comfortable 'Carp Beds' with the use of our 'Tea Cabin', toilet and BBQ. Sleeps up to 3, £10 per person per night. You can also fish from first light until 0900 the next day!
There are so many things to do around the area of Castlerock you can easily pass a few days.
- Benone and Downhill beach are only 3 miles away and are world famous for the excellent bass fishing. In fact in Nov 2005 a 16lb 4oz bass was landed here which can be seen mounted at Moorbrook Lodge.
- Castlerock beach and River Bann Estuary only 2 miles away – another good area to fish for bass, sea trout, fluke etc.
- Carnroe is world famous for salmon fishing and only 20 mins away, Moorbrook Lodge can organise guided days on this stretch
- Mussenden Temple and Downhill forest for fantastic scenic walks – 2 miles away.
- Hilltop riding centre and Castlerock Golf Club are also close by.
- Wine Bar in nearby Portrush.
- The Legendary Giants Causeway, a world heritage site, is a short drive away.
- The Lough Foyle ferry at Magilligan makes Donegal 10 mins away.
Guides can be arranged for fishing trips for salmon and sea trout or River Roe and River Bush. The tributaries of Lough Neagh contain the unique Dollaghan trout which are found nowhere else in the world but here and are recognised by their deep bodies and large dark spots – these can also be guided for.
Take the opportunity to enjoy an early morning fishing session by staying at our camping and touring caravan site. If you are not into fishing you can take the opportunity to relax in a beautiful rural of outstanding natural beauty. The camping and caravan area has running water, toilet facilities and BBQ/Picnic areas are provided. You will also have access to our tea room where you can enjoy a warm cuppa while relaxing, we also have a small range of snacks available to purchase.
Available on request:
- Electric Hook-ups
- Shower facility
- Info on nearby activities
- Dog friendly
Caravans: £20 per night (space for 5 caravans)
Tents: £8 per person per night (space for 10 tents)
Advance booking recommended.